Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm just going to admit from the get-go that this is going to be pure stream of consciousness because I'm too buzy/lazy to edit and craft. If you haven't seen the new Vogue, you should, because the Annie Leibovitz photographed Kirsten Dunst in versailles, and it's pretty amazing. I'm leaving for ATL tomorrow to find an apt. It's going to be a marathon day sat. of nothing but driving and talking to rental agents. Woo hoo. No, I'm excited to find a place and go into nesting mode. I still have to work out some sort of schedule for the next three weeks or I know I'm going to end up missing spending time with the people I want to spend time with. And I'm torn between wanting to visit all my favorite MSP haunts and wanting to check things off my list of places I've always planned on going but somehow never managed to actually go. I think that the 'where should M live' contest has ground to a halt. I jumped the gun posting those places and now I've found like 8 better (I think) ones but just don't have the time or inclination to post them. Sorry folks, I'll post pictures of the place I eventually get. Oh, shit, I have to get a new passport sometime soon. Because I can't find the thing to save my soul and I want to do it pre-ATL while I still know where the County Service Center is. I did get a few things checked off my pre-move checklist this week but I still have to take the Audi in for a mechanical spruce-up. Its got this weird thing with its temperature gauge where it thinks its -50 degrees below zero and so it shuts the AC off to protect me. It's thoughtful, but not cool. And the overhead light doesn't work anymore. And there's a strange, expensive-sounding groaning coming out of the front end. And the check engine light is permanently on. I know that all of this sounds incredibly ominous, but trust me, it's not on its last legs by a long shot. I'm losing the fashion fantasy league. It's not pretty. I'm trailing the leader by nearly 600 points. Yikes. I think I may be the FFL version of those rare racehorses who come on strong in the last straightaway. For me, that straightaway is called the Oscars. Had dinner and drinks last night with Blissa and Gabby on the rooftop of Brits. Their Welsh Rarebit is not so good, fyi. Get the samosas. I also dropped into the Sam's Wine Shop tasting beforehand and am now the proud owner of a nice Viognier that I'm going to drink with friends as a goodbye to MSP. Just don't know when that'll be exactly. Okay, I have to be productive for real now. I just remembered that I was supposed to drop a helicopter adaptor cable by UPS yesterday and totally failed to do it.

No comments: