Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Flying the Inquisitive Skies

Spin Recovery Training

Yesterday saw me trying to demonstrate employability while flying back from Canada with an aviation industry mogul. I think I passed the test. Now on to rounds two and three of the process. The whole getting-a-job thing is like a tennis game. I would rate my performance yesterday as on par with a Baghdatis while the mogul was more like a Sampras. I would ideally like to make a Blake-esque mid-career(search) rise and get ahold of something that I would really enjoy doing for the next 3-5 years.

In other news, the Redhead looks fabulous pregnant, Gabby is happy, and Blissa is v. sad. Had a wonderful evening talking with them all at the Redhead's charming Stillwater farmhouse last night.

The day before, 'Kovsky and I got a bit drunk at Minnehaha Falls (but I blame the imbecilic frat boys throwing a nerf football into our pitcher of Summit and forcing me to demand another full one as recompense.) We followed it up with a bit of less-than-stellar kayaking in Calhoun and Lake of the Isles. Maritime joined us later for a table of food at Salut and then after-dinner drinks and a nutella crepe (the Princess) at Barbette. We were really gunning for a mention in "overheard in minneapolis.'

No comments: